Environment Occupational and Industrial Hygiene
Protecting your workers’ health is important for their personal safety and for your corporate image and competitive advantage.
Contact the SGS team for occupational and industrial hygiene services to protect your employees and safeguard your business.
Complying with occupational health and safety regulations is not just about providing helmets and protective clothing. Your workplace could be a source of risk through exposure to gases and radiation, as well as hazards relating to temperature control, noise and micropollutant contamination. Our environmental services team can provide you with a complete overview of the areas of occupational health and safety you should be examining. Based on our test results, we provide you with a sustainable plan for addressing any issues we find in your workplace.
We use national standards to test for a vast range of pollutants, including:
- Acidic gases
- Ammonia and sulfuric acid
- Asbestos and respirable dust
- Heat stress
- Organic gases and vapours
- Illumination (light intensity)
- Noise pollution
For a fast on-site analysis today, call our team and make your workplace cleaner and safer for your people.
Learn more about Occupational Health solutions offered in Brazil.
SGS, through its Environ sector, delivers consultancy and evaluations for working with chemical and physical risks such as noise, heat or vibration. These are risks which can affect the physical or mental health of workers, potentially causing illness or discomfort. We provide clients with a technical report referring to occupational exposure.
Our laboratory (ID 102800) is accredited by the American Industrial Hygiene Association Laboratory Accreditation Programs (AIHA-LAP), LLC in the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and offers:
- Analytical methodology development and validation
- Occupational health consultancy (Industrial/Environment
- Environmental risk survey
- Fugitive emissions
- Noise reports
- Vibration measurement (in compliance with ACGIH, NR-9, NR-15, ISO 2631, ISO 5349 and EU 2002/44
- Reports: heat exposure (thermal comfort), lux, electrical installations, ergonomy
- Environmental risks prevention program